PrEP Aware Week
PrEP Aware Week is celebrated from October 23-29! Learn more about PrEP for HIV prevention.
This week, a host of virtual and in-person events and activities will occur across New York State, with the objective of boosting awareness and knowledge of PrEP. PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) is a medication that can prevent HIV.
The theme for PrEP Aware Week 2023 is “PrEP Is For Every Body". The campaign website features images and videos of several PrEP ambassadors from across the state - including Maur from Trillium Health! Collectively, they reflect the full spectrum of people who can benefit from PrEP.
Who should be on PrEP?
PrEP is an option for anyone who is HIV negative. PrEP may be especially right for those who:
- Have multiple or anonymous sexual partners
- Have partners whose HIV status is unknown
- Do not use condoms, or use condoms irregularly
- Are male and have male sex partners
- Are transgender or of trans-experience
- Use injection drugs or mood-altering drugs such as alcohol, methamphetamine, cocaine, or ecstasy
- Have survival sex in exchange for money, drugs, housing, etc.
- Have a partner living with HIV
Interested in starting PrEP at Trillium Health? Here's what to expect:
Schedule a 10-minute video call with our team to see if you're a good candidate for PrEP
Get tested and meet with a provider who can prescribe PrEP if you're HIV negative
Stop by our pharmacy to pick up your medication
Come back and see us every 3 months for check-ups