Jul 27, 2022
July 27, 2022 (ROCHESTER, N.Y.) —Andrea DeMeo, Trillium Health’s President and CEO, has announced that she will be retiring from her position as CEO next year to spend more time with her family.
“It has been the privilege of my lifetime to lead this organization,” said DeMeo. “As COVID and other life circumstances have caused many of us to pause and reflect on what is most important, I have as well. I have decided that in June of 2023, I will transition from my role as CEO to spend more time with my husband, children and grandchildren.”
Andrea DeMeo has been President and CEO at Trillium Health since 2015. During this time, the agency expanded significantly – from 1,000 patients in 2015 to nearly 11,000 in 2022.
Throughout her tenure, Trillium Health achieved several significant milestones. Highlights include:
- Achieving designation as a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, offering primary care and supportive services for low-income individuals and those living in poverty, regardless of ability to pay
- Retaining its designation as a Ryan White clinic to serve low-income individuals living with HIV
- Broadening service to LGBTQ+ communities, including prevention, testing and treatment services and establishing the first transgender center of excellence in our region
- Expanding the 340B prescription drug discount program, which is critically important to the agency’s long-term sustainability
- Acquiring the MOCHA Center, Pathway Pediatrics, and Lake Affect Obstetrics & Gynecology (which would later become known as the Center for Gynecological Care & Wellness)
- Opening new locations at 170 Science Parkway, 470 West Main Street, and 39 Delevan Street to better serve the community
- Launching 21 subsidized housing units at Union Square, providing housing stability for those chronically homeless
- Purchasing a Mobile Access Clinic to serve the most vulnerable communities in Rochester
- Responding to the community at the height of the COVID pandemic to increase access to testing and vaccines for the most vulnerable communities
- Supporting the formation of the ROC Pride Collaborative and sponsoring the Rochester Pride Parade and Festival
Trillium Health’s Board of Directors will be starting the search process in November, allowing plenty of time to select a successor and ensure a smooth transition, with no disruption to the agency.
“I am so proud of this special organization, and I am confident that Trillium Health will continue to deliver its vital services to the community,” said DeMeo.
About Trillium Health
Trillium Health is a Community Health Center that provides extraordinary care for all, including LGBTQ+ health, ensuring equitable, judgement-free, and affordable care. We believe that everyone who walks through our doors deserves high quality, affordable healthcare, regardless of income, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, or ethnicity. For more information, please visit www.trilliumhealth.org