At Trillium Health, we use a patient/client-centered approach. This means that patients/clients decide what they want to work on and we provide them with the necessary supports to be successful. When we first meet with patients/clients, we help them to identify their needs and develop a plan to meet those needs.
We advocate with other service providers to ensure that services are provided in a timely and respectful manner. We help the patient/client to gather all of the available information and then support the patients/client to make their own decisions. Patients/Clients can access our services at our Rochester, Bath and Geneva offices, and interpreting services are available.
Care Managers can:
- Coordinate services among providers
- Link clients with appropriate services
- Monitor needs for crisis prevention
- Improve medical compliance/adherence
- Follow up regarding specialty care
- Coordinate transportation
- Address housing needs
- Assist with other psychosocial needs (support systems)
- Coordinate referrals and follow through for mental health, substance abuse, clothing, legal assistance, budgeting, debt management, and domestic violence
- Advocate for client needs
- Coordinate benefits and entitlements (SSI, SSD, DSS/DHS Public Assistance, food stamps, Unemployment Insurance)
- Provide insurance assistance (ADAP, private insurance, Medicaid and Medicaid spendown, Medicare Part D)
- Coordinate risk prevention for HIV positive people
- Provide support and education to clients’ families, partners, and friends
- Assist in obtaining appropriate Social Security or Department of Health and Human Services benefits.
- Provide support services, such as short-term crisis intervention and support groups.
- Design service plans to ensure that basic needs are being met.
- Connect patients with other service organizations and/or make referrals to a care manager, who can assist with:
- Securing safe and adequate housing, clothing and food
- Transportation to medical visits
- Advocacy in the community
- Massage and acupuncture services
- Legal services
- Domestic violence services
- Veteran's services